Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Game of Thrones - A happy interlude

So the real reason I've been moving so slowly challenge-wise is that I've started reading the Song of Fire and Ice series.  And those books are epic.

GENERAL IMPRESSIONS: So I've seen Game of Thrones so I pretty much knew plotwise how this was going to shake down.  Getting through the first two books was actually somewhat annoying because I knew what was going to happen and just wanted to get there.  But still enjoyable reads.  Plus I figured out how to spell all of the characters' names.  Sort of.  Pretty typical epic fantasy type stuff with a little incest and political intrigue thrown in for kicks.  Well-written, creative, lots of interesting characters, a positive dwarf role model, heavy on the action, light on the self-reflection- what's not to love?  The good news is, there isn't a third season of GoT so now I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AND WILL READ THE BOOKS SO FAST!!!!!!! The bad news is, this means I'm not about to tackle Grapes of Wrath anytime soon......

MUSINGS: How strong do you have to be to chop a dude's head off in one sword swipe?  Seriously?  Like how much would you need to be able to lift?

SPOILER ALERTS: If you are honorable, then you will die.

GRADESHEET:
Readability: A
Pace: A (BUT THESE BOOKS ARE LONG!)
Violence: A
Satisfying Ending: WHO KNOWS SO MANY MORE TO READ!
Narrator's Likeability: B?
Sweet Fake Religions: A

No comments:

Post a Comment