Sunday, February 24, 2013

"The Wind in the Willows" from Kelli

What an insufferable piece of garbage!

I have been tortuously reading The Wind in the Willows since the beginning of the school year and only managed to finish it through sheer willpower about 3 weeks ago.  What is delightful about these stories?  Why is this on the list?  Was there not another token children's book that could've been included on the top 100 list?

I think The Wind in the Willows is supposed to be a lovely, whimsical tale of some animal friends who have some misadventures and learn some lessons in the end.  I found it, instead, to be a pointless, rambling novel about an intolerable Toad who is inconsiderate toward his friends and causes a lot of mayhem.

I disliked this book so much that I don't wish to spend more time thinking about it in order to write a post about how much I didn't like it.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch!

    I'm about 2/3 of the way through. I don't hate it as much as you do, but I am finding it a drag.

    ReplyDelete